Cloud Virtual Servers
Cloudlet Virtual Server Provisioning
The hardware design of the host servers that the Cloudlet Virtual Servers reside on is based upon the collective experience of the NephoScale development team, which has been building and testing cloud infrastructure platforms for almost 10 years. The hardware architecture of the Cloudlet host servers has a uniquely tuned combination of CPU, RAM, RAID controller, and high performance disk subsystem. The number and type of disks chosen for each Cloudlet host server is optimized to maximize performance based upon the amount of RAM installed and the specific hypervisor being used. The performance continues to be fine tuned and maximized based on ongoing testing and refinement.
- 13 Cloudlet server configurations available consisting of 1 to 16 CPU cores and .25 to 32 GB RAM
- NephoScale Cloudlet Virtual Servers are on-demand virtual servers based upon modern server technology that offer the best performance of any comparable cloud servers
- Cloudlet Virtual Servers out-perform comparable services from the leading IaaS cloud services companies by up to three times.
Each NephoScale Cloud Server comes with:
- Free Linux and Microsoft Windows Licensing
- NephoScale CloudScript orchestration tool for easier organization and faster provisioning of infrastructure elements
- Latest Intel high performance computing technology
- Persistent local storage (low disk latency and reboots do not cause a loss of data)
- Persistent IP addresses (reboots do not result in a new IP address being assigned)
- RAID 6 and redundant power supplies on each host cloud node
- Linux and Windows OS images
- Redundant network connections to redundant switches
- Private network with both public and private broadcast domains for use with all NephoScale services
- Control via web interface portal (GUI), API, or CloudScript orchestration tool
- Full root/administrator access
- Out-of-band clientless in-browser VNC Console Access with reverse SSH for both Linux and Windows
- On/off and reboot control
- Free unlimited inbound traffic and free private 1 Gbps network transfer with NephoScale BareMetal Dedicated Servers and NephoScale ObjectStor object-based cloud storage
- 99.95% uptime SLA
- Billing-by-the-hour or 50% off with annual membership plan
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us using the sales chat or toll free at 855-NEPHOS-9 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NephoScale Cloud Servers are perfect for compute environments that require low cost compute resources. They allow you to quickly and automatically scale production computing resources to adapt to sudden increases or decreases in demand.
- Cloud Servers are ideal for short term use as software development and test platforms
- Create cloud servers by choosing from several different Linux and Windows operating systems using our pre-packaged and up-to-date server images
- Use CloudScript to quickly and easily set-up several servers and application stacks at once with a single click
- Systems Administrators like deploying cloud servers due to the added pay-by-the-hour flexibility and extensive control available when using the NephoScale GUI and API, both of which are not available in traditional hosting environments
- Developers like using cloud servers because they often can create, scale, and integrate on-demand computing environments on their own, with no assistance
- Securely connect Cloud Servers with NephoScale On-Demand Dedicated Severs and NephoScale Object-Based Cloud Storage to create a single private network, with no charges for data transfer at Gigabit speeds between NephoScale services
Cloudlet Virtual Server Pricing
Data Transfer Pricing
- Data Transfer In: FREE
- Data Transfer Out: $0.10/GB
- Actual monthly pricing is based upon 730 hours per month usage (30 days)
- The stated hourly rate for cloud servers includes compute only, outbound data transfer is billed separately
- Set-up a NephoScale account
- Login to the NephoScale Customer Portal
- Create as many Cloud Servers as you like, with the operating systems of your choice, using the NephoScale Server Images.
Within minutes you will be online and setting up servers on-demand – it is that easy!
Linux Cloudlet Virtual Server Images
Microsoft Cloudlet Virtual Server Images
Additional Microsoft Licenses
Note: These licenses are not currently available as images and are loaded manually upon request by NephoScale support staff. Windows SQL not supported on CS025 cloud server