BareMetal Dedicated Servers
On-Demand BareMetal Dedicated Servers Starting at $149/mo.
NephoScale BareMetal dedicated servers are perfect hosting clustered databases because they offer a significant performance advantage over virtual servers. They can be provisioned in only minutes, with the operating system of your choice, and are managed just like NephoScale Cloudlet virtual Servers. The important difference is that BareMetal dedicated servers are single-tenant standalone physical servers, meaning they are not shared with anyone else and only you have access to them. There is no hypervisor that adds latency and all BareMetal servers can be ordered with solid state drives (SSD) for added performance.
NephoScale BareMetal dedicated servers are an excellent option for organizations that want the programmatic control that a cloud environment offers, but don’t want to run their applications in a multi-tenant environment due to performance, security, or auditing requirements. These servers are accessible just like the Cloudlet virtual servers, through the web portal, RESTful API, or by using NephoScale innovative CloudScript cloud orchestration technology. Once your On-Demand Dedicated Servers are up and running, you can securely connect them with your NephoScale Cloudlet virtual servers and NephoScale ObjectStor object-based cloud storage to create a single high performance private network, and you will not be charged for data transfer between your NephoScale services.
Server Specifications and Pricing
You can self provision any of the BareMetal dedicated servers from within the web portal, the API, or with CloudScript
- DS2 servers are good as an affordable system that is ideal for testing and development, or for hosting small websites
- DS16 servers are an excellent choice as a fast system to host any compute & I/O intensive applications or databases
- DS24 or DS144 servers are well suited as a powerful and robust system to host any high throughput and memory intensive applications
- All BareMetal servers can be configured with solid state drives (SSD) for ultra high performance applications
- There are two pricing options with NephoScale BareMetal on-demand dedicated servers
- Each dedicated server is billed by the month as listed under the “Monthly Rate” column
- You also have the option to make an annual prepayment for each dedicated server. With this option, you pay for 10 months and get 2 additional months free
- The annual cost for each dedicated server is listed under the “Annual Cost” column in the pricing table
- These rates only apply to dedicated server pricing and do not include software licenses (that may apply)
- The 3TB/mo. allotment for On-Demand Dedicated servers is billed as outbound only. Inbound transfer is Free
- Overages charges for transfer beyond the 3TB/mo. allotment with On-Demand Dedicated servers is billed at $.10/GB for outbound transfer and $0.0 for inbound transfer
- Set-up a NephoScale account
- Login to the NephoScale Portal
- Create the On-Demand Dedicated Server with your choice of operating system
Create an account and within minutes your server will be online – it is that easy!
Linux BareMetal Dedicated Server Images
Windows BareMetal Dedicated Server Images
Additional Microsoft Licenses
Note: These licenses are not currently available as images and are loaded manually by NephoScale support staff.