- Will I have full root access to each NephoScale server instance?
Yes, Linux instances will have “root” access. Windows instances will have “administrator” access. Linux “keys” and Windows “passwords” can be found in the Keys section of the Server tab.
- Will I be able to access my NephoScale server instance using SSH or RDP?
Yes, for all Linux instances, SSH will be the default secure remote access protocol on TCP port 22. Windows instances will be accessible through RDP on TCP port 3389.
- Which operating systems does NephoScale currently support?
You can find the list of NephoScale Cloudlet Virtual Server images here.
You can find the list of NephoScale BareMetal Dedicated Server images here.
- Does NephoScale support programmatic capabilities through an API?
Yes, NephoScale’s foundation is built around its API. It’s REST-based and supports the standard methods of GET, POST, PUT and DELETE. The API documentation is located here.
- How much RAM can I allocate per cloud server instance?
NephoScale supports 256MB, 512MB, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB cloud instances. The exact specs of each cloud server can be found here.
- I’m experiencing some technical issues or would like to report a bug. Who should I contact?
For technical support, please open a ticket through the portal under the “Support” tab.
- Where can I find release notes on feature enhancements, improvements, and bug fixes?
NephoScale release notes are located here.
- I have some great ideas for improvements and would like to submit a feature request. Who should I contact?
We appreciate any suggestions or feature requests you may have and encourage your active participation. To submit a feature request or ideas for improvements, please email email@example.com.